Create the Quality of life you want

Welcome! My name is Todd Burrier. Over two decades ago I was blessed to have been laid off in the banking industry during a time of economic upheaval. This led me to search for a way to have more control over my own future. I wound up in the home business world. After seven hard years of lessons and personal growth, I found a way to build a highly successful business from home, using some very basic and simple human principles. I have since been able to mentor many people on the path to a better life through creating a home based income stream. This blog is dedicated to helping anyone in a networking style business succeed. I will be sharing proven concepts for growing and leading a successful business. Anyone who is nice, honest, and committed to succeeding can do what I teach. If there are any topics you specifically would like me to address as we go along, just let me know. To comment on any posting mouse over next to the time of the post.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

You can lead the horse to water...

The old saying is "You can lead the horse to water but you can't make him drink." This is soooooo true when it comes to people and the business. I'm not talking about prospects...although this concept certainly applies to prospects every bit as much. You show someone a clear answer to their problem and they don't get it or they don't take action...that's just the sorting part of finding the people ready to act on their need.

I'm talking about the people who are IN the business and are trying to work towards their dream. The late Jim Rohn used to talk about conducting seminars and one person says "Wow, I'm going to change my life" and another person says "I've heard all this stuff before." The other example, which is even more appropriate is when he talks about the millionaire telling about how he read a book and then applied it and it set him on the road to a fortune...and most people don't even bother to get the book even after hearing the story!!!

It never ceases to amaze me. I can talk to someone who says they want to build the business and I tell them how I have done what I have done, I tell them exactly what tools to use and how to use them...and you know what? They don't do it! They don't get the tools. They don't read the books. Why? I haven't got the foggiest idea!!! All I know is that the stuff I do and use works. The people who do the stuff I do and use the stuff I use succeed. It is not rocket science!

Now I am a fan of creativity so I never discourage someone from trying to blaze their own trail. All that is really important in the business is that "the Process" is duplicated not necessarily a method for doing the process. Having said this though, my approach when I do something is ...find the person who is succeeding and see what they are doing. So if they say read a book...I read a book. If they say use this tool...I use the tool...at the same time I will look for how I can add my own creative flair.

But let's be really clear here...I have been doing this for 20 years. I know exactly what works. There are other things that work that I don't know a lot about, but thats' irrelevant. I know what I know and it works better than almost anything else I have seen or heard about. I never ever tell someone to do something that would not be in their best interest. I'm wired this way and even if I wasn't, the structure of the business dictates that I would be stupid to tell someone to do something that didn't work!!!

So if I say use this CD in this way...you can be sure this is a good thing to do. If I say use this book in this way, you can be sure this is a good thing to do. So back to the original question...why would someone not listen and do what I suggest to build their business? AND if you are following my path, why would someone not do what YOU suggest? I don't know...but I do know this...some will and some won't.

I am always available to support the people in my organization regardless of the pace they are working and whether they are using the tools I suggest or not. You should be the same way. BUT, you should always be looking for the people who are ready to follow what is working because this is the fastest way to grow a significant organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment