Create the Quality of life you want

Welcome! My name is Todd Burrier. Over two decades ago I was blessed to have been laid off in the banking industry during a time of economic upheaval. This led me to search for a way to have more control over my own future. I wound up in the home business world. After seven hard years of lessons and personal growth, I found a way to build a highly successful business from home, using some very basic and simple human principles. I have since been able to mentor many people on the path to a better life through creating a home based income stream. This blog is dedicated to helping anyone in a networking style business succeed. I will be sharing proven concepts for growing and leading a successful business. Anyone who is nice, honest, and committed to succeeding can do what I teach. If there are any topics you specifically would like me to address as we go along, just let me know. To comment on any posting mouse over next to the time of the post.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

New Day

I walked out of the gym this morning and it was overcast, as has been the case for what seems to have been an endless stretch of days. The first thing I thought to myself is how tired I am of dreary days. I love the sunshine. It energizes me and makes it so much easier for me to smile. I also like it warm...actually I like it hot, but I'll take warm too.

Anyway, as I was complaining to myself about how overcast the sky was and how sick I am of it...the other guy on my shoulder...you know the two guys on your shoulders right? The positive guy and the negative guy? Well, as I was entertaining the negative guy, the positive guy jumps up at me and reminds me that its warmer today. Hmmm, I missed that. I was so busy lamenting the clouds that I missed the warmth. Of course, the positive guy was just warming up (pun intended)...then he reminded me that I am healthy, and have a wonderful family, and live an incredible life, and have great friends, and a wonderful organization of people working with me, and on and on.

The positive guy has a big voice for me. You know why? Because I feed him. I had just worked out for almost two hours and for the first hour I had, in addition to exercising which helps him thrive, fed him scripture, proverbs, psalms, Og Mandino, Jim Rohn, and new education. And now he was returning the favor. He is the attitude I desire.

I could have fed him a steady diet of the latest world news of unrest and tragedy and economic turmoil from the Tvs at the gym as well as the latest gossip and complaining from the people around me...but then again...I wouldn't have been feeding him would I? I would have been feeding the other guy! I don't feed that guy. I do my best to starve him. And you know what happens? The positive guy gets stronger and the negative guy gets weeker.

Today is a new day. You and I have never seen this day before. It holds all kinds of lessons and possibilities just waiting for us to diswcover. We can not change the things around us. They simply are what they are...but we can change our thinking. We can control our approach and our attitude and our effort. The beautiful thing about this is that our surroundings tend to change over time to reflect our thinking and our attitude. We begin to attract the good into our life. This doesn't make us immune to bad things happening...we are in an interdependent world...but it reduces the amount and it greatly reduces the negative consequences we ourselves create.

Don't lament yesterday...it's gone. Don't worry about tomorrow...it's not here yet. Today is your gift. It is new and fresh and abundant. Seize it and enjoy it and look at all the good there is. Think about how good you have it, regardless of your troubles...there are billions of people who would gladly trade places with you and would hope to have your problems.

Today is yours...make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment