Create the Quality of life you want

Welcome! My name is Todd Burrier. Over two decades ago I was blessed to have been laid off in the banking industry during a time of economic upheaval. This led me to search for a way to have more control over my own future. I wound up in the home business world. After seven hard years of lessons and personal growth, I found a way to build a highly successful business from home, using some very basic and simple human principles. I have since been able to mentor many people on the path to a better life through creating a home based income stream. This blog is dedicated to helping anyone in a networking style business succeed. I will be sharing proven concepts for growing and leading a successful business. Anyone who is nice, honest, and committed to succeeding can do what I teach. If there are any topics you specifically would like me to address as we go along, just let me know. To comment on any posting mouse over next to the time of the post.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I don't know either...

You sponsor someone and they are excited about what they can accomplish. They share with you their goals. They are emphatic that they are tired of not getting where they would like to be. You train them. You provide them with great materials. You help them create an action plan. You touch base with them frequently to offer your help. AND...nothing. They DO nothing.

I want you to be very clear that this has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them. Early in my career I would beat myself up about all the things I preceived that I did wrong in the process of sponsoring and training. I would feel bad that I was the failure in this situation. What an egregious waste of time THOSE thoughts were.

There is a good reason that a small percentage of people succeed in any measurable way in life. Because they chose to and they worked at it. Successful people self-select. The others self-reject! I have no idea how or why someone can go through life without going after what they want. I don't get it! I can't believe when God, the creator of the universe went to the trouble to create an individual person that he said to himself "This one will be the perfect get up in the morning , go to a job they don't really like, spend their days not fulfilling their gifts, being afraid to experience new things, live their life in frustration and quiet desperation, get sick before they should, contribute little to nothing to the human race, worrying all the time about being "secure"...ya think God would waste his time? Really?

So, the point is that it's understandable when you see someone's opportunity, gifts, ability, and expressed desire...to believe you have found someone who is going to be a partner who will really work at building the business. But hey, EVEN GOD can't make 'em do it! It is just your job to provide the opportunity and be there to help if they take it, it's not your job to take on personally their willingness to live in mediocrity. That's all on them. Go sponsor someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment